Friday, February 22, 2013

My Napless, Sugar-Free, Finger in Poop Day

Napless

For some reason our little guy has decided to pick up some of the worst sleeping habits yet.  In addition to getting up a lot at night, he has sworn off any nap that does not include me holding him.  What?!?  I keep hoping it's because he is teething and once that tooth breaks through, we can slowly move back to normal...hopefully...  So, for now, he enjoys just sitting on my lap while I work, trying to grab the mouse as I click away.

Hi, I'm Cyril and I refuse to nap.

But I am cute!


Sugar-Free

I gave up sugar for Lent.*  It's already been the longest Lent ever and it's only been a week.  Turns out that it's not really sugar that I crave--it's food.  I'm not sure when I became an emotional eater.  Plus, I love snacking at night. I can't help but feel like I deserve an award after getting all three kids in bed...but I am really trying to break it this Lent.   

Finger in Poop

Need I say more?  I'm still traumatized by this.  (Yes, I have three kids and have gotten it on me before, but this experience was exceptionally gross.)  You would think that this experience alone would give me that extra motivation to just potty train Anna already.  She can totally do it--I'm just lacking the energy right now.  And I'm a little nervous about where else poop may end up...

*Before Lent, I try to discern what has a greater hold over me than it should.  Not surprisingly, it is typically some type of food--candy, desserts, peanut butter are all really common.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure when I became an emotional eater
    Just doing some quick math, I'd guess sometime around...conception.

    ReplyDelete