Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Random Run

Last night was a close to perfect night to run.  I hadn’t planned on running but, after putting the little ones to bed, I had a knot between my shoulders that couldn’t be ignored and I was feeling not quite myself.  So, my awesome husband cleaned up the kitchen so that I could put my shoes on for a night run. 

I didn’t realize until I had started that it had been over 2 WEEKS since my last run!  Despite that, it felt awesome and I reflected on what I love about running—the cool air filling my lungs, the feeling of my feet pushing off of the pavement and being airborne for a split second, the stress melting away….ahhhh.  As the stress melted away, I rocked out to this song:



I discovered this artist through one of my new favorite blogs.  I listened to it twice and this is the line that just kept moving me:  “It’s Your sacred heart within me beating, Your voice within me singing out.”  How awesome to remember that God is within me every second of the day, even on a run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment